Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Life After College: Uncomfortable

Classes. Finals. Traditions. Graduation. Starting life after college all happened in a month's time. Everything was so fast paced that just a week ago I asked myself, how did I get here? Has it really been a month since I graduated? Is this the last time the SQUAD is going to be all together before we start our careers? WHAT DO I DO NOW?....

WAIT WHAT?!

Since then I realized I was (& currently am) in a state of being uncomfortable. Living on my own, moving on without specific friendships, having a real job that will help launch my career in corporate America, finally having time to dedicate to my blog & other hobbies, but also seeing everyone emerge and  gain success through those hobbies that you start a long time ago before the saturation  is frustrating, to be honest with y'all.

HOWEVER...

Taking a step back & evaluating where I am in life I have to remember that to reach greater heights YOU HAVE TO BE UNCOMFORTABLE. Now I know what you're thinking... "what?, I have to be UNcomfortable  to be successful?" Well ... yes because when you think about it, would you want to be comfortable in the place you are  RIGHT NOW? 

REALLY THINKING ABOUT IT!

For instance, say there is this job/internship, person, or GPA that you have been aiming for. You have researched, studied, & even updated your LinkedIn profile all to get noticed! With that you have had some gains but also some fails, but nonetheless you have not let that stop you from being great. So now that you have complete all of the major checkpoints in life, you come upon a fork (where the path splits) in the road. You try to look down a little ways to see what is ahead but there's nothing there. 

OR IS THERE...

Just when you think there is nothing for you, you realized there is more than enough room for GROWTH & OPPORTUNITY; YOU are the painter to the canvas, the author of your story, & the meaning to your art.

With that being said, I decided to express my uncomfortable state of opportunity through pictures which is my form of art! Enjoy.


Below share your thoughts & your own personal struggles in the comments!

xoxo,
Jenn
















No comments:

Post a Comment